Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Losses

First there were three, then there were two, now there is one.

I can't believe we've gone from three active, wonderful watchdogs down to one in a span of six months.


Jack was always the family favorite, having grown up with the boys. So it was a terrible blow to the whole family when he got cancer and had to be put down last summer. Moriah has always been "my" dog and very attached to me since I raised her from a pup. Echo came to us as an adult. She's been a handful and not always cooperative and obedient. But overall she has been a good girl, super watchdog, excellent walking partner and loved by everybody that met her. I am sad she died and she will be missed around her for sure. But I feel bad mostly for Moriah. She's lost her two best buds. I know she will be lonesome. She has nobody to romp and play, explore the woods and bark at the cars with.

Tonight I went out the garage door to do my evening chores (feeding horses and dogs). Moriah was waiting for me as I lifted the door, then headed straight over to where Echo was (still laying) on the porch (covered up). (Duane had covered her when he found her after work since he couldn't do anything with her tonight. We'll have to bury her tomorrow.) Poor Moriah, she sniffed Echo, nosed around on her and whined like she was trying to tell me something was wrong with her friend. It was heartbreaking to watch.

Tomorrow we will bury the big girl and spend some extra time with Moriah. Unfortunately, losses are a part of life. Not a good part, but a part of this sin sick world. I'm thankful God has a better place He is preparing for us all. And there will "be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain".

No comments:

Post a Comment