Monday, April 14, 2014

Happy Birthday Silver!

Ten years ago this morning a gangly little colt was born here! Who knew what adventures (and drama!) we would have together over the past ten years. And how attached I've become to such a brat! He is definitely a combination of his mom, our purebred Arab and his dad, the cute little Welsh stallion we had for a while.

I love this picture of Megan. it seems to convey her name well, "Serenity". Plus she just looks so pretty. I copied this page out of our photo album. And she is pregnant with Silver here.

The opposite album page shows his "birth" day.

And of course, I had to put a page in with sire and dam pictures and his pedigree. He's a day old in these pictures. And I can't believe ten years later how much he looks like his dad! Thankfully, he got more of his mom's height.

So cute!


And he grew! Yearling photos.

And then it was time to go to "school" and learn how to be a riding horse. And learn some tricks along the way ;)

Family photo on his fifth birthday; mom-Megan, half-sister-Gracie and my silly boy!

On one of our many trail rides.

With his "partner-in-crime", Tonto. My sister-in-law's Appy gelding who has shared many "adventures" with Silver.

Yep, he'll do just about anything George asks him to do. George trained him and does his feet also in between my trims.
Happy birthday little buddy! I love you even though you're a brat. I hope we have many more years together. But sorry, no cake for you today. I saw those extra pounds you put on last winter. Don't worry I did the same thing.












No comments:

Post a Comment