Friday, June 10, 2011

Baking Day

Ok, I got inspired by a friend's kitchen blog and decided to share some baking I did today.

First was the raspberry cobbler. This recipe is so easy! Granted it's not the healthiest one, but if you need a quick dessert, this works. And it tastes yummy too. The recipe originally called for boysenberries, but I have used other fruits including peaches, pears and now raspberries! These were fresh, frozen raspberries harvested from last summer. The "crust" (more like a batter) is actually under the berries.
Here it is baking away. You can see how the crust has risen up through the fruit.




And the finished product, ready for church potluck tomorrow.



Next came the peanut butter pie...yum! The pie filling is thrown all together in the blender, blended well,  then poured into a graham cracker pie crust. Ok, I cheated and used a store bought one. The top is decorated with carob chips, then the whole thing is frozen. The pie is slightly thawed before enjoying this cool yummy dessert. (I know, this wasn't really a baking project, but oh, well).



Next on the agenda was pita bread. I tried this last week and it didn't turn out that great. Thought I'd give it another shot.
After making the dough, you roll it out in little rounds, place it on the back of some cookie sheets and wait for it to rise a bit.



The bread is then baked on a baking tile on the bottom rack of a hot oven for four minutes. It's supposed to puff up and make the pocket right after you put it the oven. Last time only a couple did that. So I was really excited when I opened the oven to check and found this.....



Here they are on the cooling rack, waiting to be cut in half and bagged up for later use. I made some tasty spread to go with these too. We'll probably have them tomorrow night when we get together with family.



 I will definitely be making these again!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I want the cobbler recipe!! We're bringing cake with raspberry topping for dessert to potluck, so everyone is going to have to eat raspberries today!! Great blog post!

    ReplyDelete