Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Day in the Life of.......Me:)

5 am~Piper "alarm clock" goes off; let Piper and Pooh out. Go back to bed.

5:15~Let Piper back in.

5:30~Real alarm goes off. Hit snooze button three times.

6:00~Get up, let dogs out, fill water buckets, feed horses, give Scout his meds, get ready for trip to town.

7:00~Leave for town. Eat breakfast in truck. Drop Bunny off at the vet for spay surgery. Drive home.

(7:40~Normally, I'd be running my son to the "bus" stop right about now, but since I had to take the dog in, the college kid, dropped off the high school kid on his way in.

9:00~Arrive home. (Yes, we do live a ways from town). Check emails, phone calls, etc.

10:00~Let Piper out for a potty break, weigh pups, change Piper's bed, feed Piper, take Belle's temperature, take her out for a potty break and give her bath. Let Scout out again for potty break and put Belle's pic on FB.

10:55~Walk to in-laws to help brother-in-law unload moving truck. (He just moved here and got in late last night).

12:00~Home again; feed Pete (the parakeet), check emails, phone call, read The Pioneer Woman blog:) (Sorry it's my daily vice. Since I don't drink coffee or do chocolate, I think I'm entitled to some comic relief).

12:45~Tear myself away from computer to feed chickens, turn on drip system in garden, make spanish rice, (to go with beans I threw in the crock pot last night), put clean dishes away and wash MORE dirty dishes. (No, I don't have a dishwasher-I AM THE DISHWASHER).

1:00~Call vet and check on Bunny

1:15~Got call from head of social committee at church to discuss some plans. Yep, I'm on the social committee again. Throw husband's dirty, greasy nasty...um, I mean work clothes in the wash. Then out to the garden to hand water what isn't on the drip system and pick vegies. (Sample cherry tomatoes and grapes while I'm out there). (And this is where I thought to take pictures.)


2:00 Put Scout in crate for nap, potty Belle, potty Piper...oops, can't pups are nursing. Check Facebook (sorry, it's my link to the outside world), eat squash puffs, finish shopping list while eating rice and beans.



2:30~Leave to pick up son at school. Eat cantaloupe for dessert while driving. *Note to self~don't do that again.



3:00~Pick up son at school, rush to car licensing office before they close at 3:30. (it's in another town).

3:20~Whew! Made it and car is now legal again:)

3:25~Stop at Big R (farm supply store) for my son who wants to look at boots and jeans. (I'm ok with this as it's my favorite store in town).




4:30~Drag ourselves out of Big R. I didn't have anything on my list here, but came out with chicken food (it was on sale), a cute T shirt (IT was on sale), my son got his jeans, (not on sale, but that's ok, because I didn't pay for them), and taffy. Taffy?! Who put taffy in my cart?!





My "sale" T shirt~isn't it cute?!



I told my husband, now we have to buy a tractor so the shirt would be totally true. He said, "We have one." Does a lawn tractor count?

4:30somethingish~Stop at my mobile office. Ok, so I don't really have a mobile office...it's a gas station with free wi-fi.;) Didn't stay long though because I was having "technical difficulties" with my computer.

4:50~Stop for fuel. The truck was thirsty.

5:15~Pick up Bunny at the vet. She was still pretty groggy.





5:30~Arrive at......




6:55~Ok, so we were in there a while. But hey, I only go to town once a week for shopping.
And when you live in a small town setting like we do, you usually run into people you know. Sometimes if you don't see them in the store, they leave secret coded messages on your truck window with their chapstick. (I know my window is dirty..)




7:50~Arrive home. *tired sigh* Unload truck, let dogs out to potty, feed horses, make lunches for tomorrow, feed dogs and put to bed, give Scout his meds and temp Belle again.

9:00~Crash on the couch for a while before heading off to bed. (Oh, man, I shouldn't have bought that new video...) Night all!

Thanks for following me through my day....... stalker;)

No comments:

Post a Comment