Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ophihiophobia

Ophidiophobia or ophiophobia is the fear of snakes. It's also sometimes know as, herpetophobia. I don't know why they can't just make it a bit easier and called it snakeophobia. And really, this blog isn't about the fear of snakes. Well, maybe a little.

We attended a farewell party for a dear friend last night who is moving from the area. She brought much laughter and fun to our lives and will be dearly missed. When we got the invitation to attend it asked if everyone would please bring a snack food to contribute to the meal. Specifically, we were asked to bring something that reminded us of the guest of honor. Hmmm... what to take? Something sweet? Something fun? Oh, I have an idea!

You see, this friend has a well know disgust, fear, um...might I say terror of snakes?! Knowing that, and remembering the day she called very upset because a huge rattlesnake and our neighbor's cat were having a stare-down in her driveway. (Don't worry my son came to her rescue. Her, the friend...oh, and the cat!) I thought I should somehow make a snake-cake to take to the party. Easier said, then done. Don't worry I didn't make it too real looking (I know, it looks more like a first grader made it. But it really did look way better in my head!)





It's kind of hard to tell, but it has a forked licorice tongue and frosting fangs:)and the head is propped up a bit. Anyways, I think she got a kick out of it. And I think she even ate part of the "snake". How's that for overcoming your fears!


No comments:

Post a Comment