Thursday, September 15, 2011

Did I mention....

I'm behind on my blog posts. I've got some ideas and photos I've been wanting to share. There's the walk at the river, oh, and that story about Jack, my first 4H show, etc, but I've been busy canning.

This is a super busy time of year for a garden. Things are ripening, therefore they need to be harvested and then or course, preserved if you want to keep the excess.

We picked a bunch of tomatoes and they had been sitting around the dining room and needed tending to. What a process!

There was the pasta sauce....


And the salsa......



Oh, then it was time to pick the green beans again. We haven't had a good crop of green beans in a long time, so I'm preserving as much as possible.
I really need to catch up on my blogging. Oh, there's our hay making story, and the campout, the evening at the river with friends.

But, once I got the tomatoes under control, I had to do something with the beets.
Oh, no! It's time to go pick the tomatoes again! Did I mention I've been busy canning?

No comments:

Post a Comment